Using fabric, found materials, thread, and photos printed on silk, students will make an object to honor a family member or ancestor. Janet will walk students through the process of transferring images onto silk which can become another element of this remembrance piece.
Discovered will be creative techniques of honoring those who have come before us and handcrafted ways to remember the deep roots that connect us to who we are.
Basic embroidery skills will also be covered.
No sewing or stitching experience is necessary.
What to bring:
* A few old photos…choose ones that you are drawn to.
* Small objects or found bits that might be stitched onto fabric (think buttons, medals, keys, fragments of clothing…).
What we provide, but you are welcome to bring your own, as well:
* Fabric scraps. Our finished piece will measure about 10 x 12”. A variety of fabrics will be available for your use as well.
* Embroidery floss. There will be floss available but you are welcome to bring your own.
* Embroidery needles, These have a little larger eye than regular thread needles. There will be some for your use.
* straight pins
Open Studio Information
Winter Semester Open Studio Schedule (January/February)
Sunday- 9 - 11am
Open studio times change from semester to semester. If you have questions about the Open Studios for the class you are registering for, please write to email@example.com
If you have questions about these hours or other potential times looms can be accessed, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org